Customers SupportDocumentation

Old 17-03-2010, 02:16 PM

Re: vBulletin 4 Updates

Yeh me to waiting like anything. Please dude.. do it. I'm using 2 skins for my 2 sites. I have to upgrade them.
Old 17-03-2010, 11:28 PM

I'd also like to hear. I put in a request last week for a custom skin and haven't had any response.
Old 17-03-2010, 11:34 PM

Seems Maestro has dissapeared Not good.
Old 18-03-2010, 09:46 PM

please i didn't update my skin chatfusion please do it quickly if you done.
Old 22-03-2010, 01:56 AM

I don't know if it's pissing anyone else off but Jesus, stop begging. Saying "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE" isn't going to get it done any quicker.
Old 22-03-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbed View Post
I don't know if it's pissing anyone else off but Jesus, stop begging. Saying "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE" isn't going to get it done any quicker.
Second that !, please let Maestrox his work doiing, and be patient !
Old 24-03-2010, 12:12 AM

Though at the same time, it'd be nice to get a weekly/monthly update at the very least.
Old 27-03-2010, 02:35 PM

For those that are wondering why there is a delay in producing skins and that is globally, not just here there, a few threads that you should read at vBulletin.com.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...we-ditched-vb4

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...iend-would-you

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ons-for-Adrian

Re writing mods,products and skins for v4 is a nightmare,so much so that a good few professionals have given it up altogether.

Remember John/Smacklan who had vBSkinworks and took over another skin site, he has dropped all v4 work.
Looking at many of the best vB skin/theme providers I see virtually zero progress on v4 and the same goes for some very large add on products.....

WHY is this?

Read those threads and see what is going on, the code/structure for vBulletin is changing by the day and each bug fix has produced more errors which makes development extremely tough.

Now we see that the STYLEVAR system is yet again going to be changed (now they realise what a b*llsup they have made of things) this means that any custom skin etc. is going to have to be reworked... again.....

If you read through the bug lists and then the projected changes for just this year alone there is going to be a constant round of upgrades which will need skin updates..... I would not want to be in the skin/theme makers place right now.
Old 28-03-2010, 10:47 PM
vBulletin Skin Zone Staff

Hi all,
Apologies for the lack of updates. Thanks Adrian for your post, I hope it clears up a lot of issues I'm having with vBulletin 4 and why this process is taking so long.

I'm hesitate to give timelines as with vBulletin's current release schedule, everything could break tomorrow/next week/next month. As Adrian states the next version is suppose to reworked the style backend which leaves us in the dark to what they're changing and how it's going to affect us. (Of course we have no official word on anything)

All I can say is, I'm working on things that will hopefully give us a stable platform for the styles that won't be affected by bug updates etc. This of course takes time, but hopefully will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks for your patience and I will give updates when I can.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:44 PM

MaestroX - Maybe it would help if you could give us some more information on what exactly you're working on?

By "stable platform" - What exactly do you mean?

Personally I'm sticking with VB3.8 and running IP.Board on the side and will just play it out for the next 2-6 months and assess what the story is then. It's a pain in the ass as there are some nice mods for VB4 (Specifically Media Wiki integration) but it's not worth the pain of having an unusable platform.

Tags
announcement