Customers SupportDocumentation

Old 14-07-2008, 09:55 PM

Chat Fusion pre-sale question

Hello,
I'm interested in the Chat Fusion style but have these questions:

1. Advertising Mods -- VB.ORG has two or three mods that place ads in the forum. Does CF work with these mods. (They work with the advertising tags that VB has inserted into the templates.)

2. VB Advanced -- I've looked around here to see if it works well with VBA, but I want to be sure.

3. They are 3.7.0 compatible, but we're at 3.7.2. Are there any issues? When will they be 3.7.2 ver styles?

4. Fluid style for CF? I'd really perfer FF in fluid style since I want to use it wth vbAdvanced. How could I get a fluid version?

Thanks a lot.
Old 14-07-2008, 10:21 PM
vBulletin Skin Zone Staff

Re: Chat Fusion pre-sale question

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us,

1. Yes, when coding our styles we retain all of vBulletin features including the new vbulletin ad templates introduced in vbulletin 3.7.0.

2. All our styles are vBadvanced compatible and come with a vBadvanced module to add extra nav links to the portal and forum and also the template edits (done automatically) to add the extra style visuals (rounded corners etc).

3. We always keep our styles up to date. Currently vBulletin is at version 3.7.2 and that's what our skins are. (We usually update our styles within 1-3 days sometimes even hours after the release).

4. Unfortunatly the style isn't fluid at the moment, but I am considering releasing an update to add this feature.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us
Old 14-07-2008, 10:27 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

I'd be ready to buy today if a fluid version could be made available right away. Any idea of when that is coming?

I want to use VBadvanced to put both left and right columns on the forum and with a fixed width style it squeezes everything down into that fixed width. With a fluid style everything expands to fit.
Old 14-07-2008, 11:47 PM

I can't give a firm estimate at the moment, though a ball park date would be early next week.
Old 15-07-2008, 02:23 PM

Great. I bought the skin last night. Is there a setting in the style that I can change to make it a bit wider until a fluid style is ready?
Old 15-07-2008, 02:35 PM

If you go to Style Manager -> Chat Fusion -> Style Vars (dropdown) you can edit the width there. At the moment its 1000px.

I guess you're using a large monitor, something like a 20" or upwards? As the width is set to support users still using 17" monitors, it may cause problems setting it higher than 1000px.
Old 15-07-2008, 02:43 PM

Actually we track the screen resolution of our users. It doesn't matter what screen size I have. Which is why we look for the fluid designs usually.

1000 px will be fine for now until we get the fluid design. I didn't know how wide it was set and I just wanted to be able to change it if need be. All of our other sites are fluid styles so I've never had to deal with that before.

Thanks!

Last edited by creativepart; 15-07-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 15-07-2008, 03:18 PM

Ah ok, no problem. Well I'll release an annoucement when I've upgraded the style to be fluid. Shouldn't be too long
Old 15-07-2008, 05:43 PM

Thanks a ton.

I'm integrating the new skin right now and I like it. Can you tell me what the chat-fusion-vb-advanced-module.xml file is for? I'm assuming it's an empty module that can be used to add the rounding corners, etc to VBA?

I've applied the other xml file.

So far everything is perfect.
Old 15-07-2008, 06:02 PM

The documentation here should help you out: http://www.vbskinzone.com/forums/documentation/

Its bassically an xml of the vBadvanced templates to add the rounded corners etc as you mention.

Glad you like it